The world of cannabis is a vast and complex one, with many different types of products and methods for consuming them. This article will explore the various forms of cannabis available today, outlining their key characteristics and how to use each one. From smokable flowers to tinctures and edibles, get ready to learn about the many ways you can enjoy cannabis!
Cannabis is a term that refers to the various psychoactive preparations of the Cannabis plant. The different forms of cannabis include:
- Marijuana: This is the most well-known and widely used form of cannabis. It contains high levels of THC, which is the compound responsible for its psychoactive effects. Marijuana can be smoked, vaporized, or ingested in edibles.
- Hashish: Hashish is made from the resin of the Cannabis plant and typically contains higher levels of THC than marijuana. It can be smoked or vaporized, but is also sometimes used to make edibles.
- Hemp: Hemp is a variety of Cannabis that contains very low levels of THC and is not psychoactive. Hemp can be used to make a variety of products including clothing, paper, and fuel.
- CBD oil: CBD oil is made from hemp plants and contains only trace amounts of THC. It is believed to have many health benefits but does not produce any psychoactive effects.
Types of Cannabis
Cannabis comes in many different forms, each with their own unique set of effects and uses. Here are some of the most common types of cheap weed and how to use them:
- Flower – The most common and well-known form of cannabis, flower is the dried and cured buds of the cannabis plant. It can be smoked using a pipe, bong, joint, or blunt, or vaporized using a dry herb vaporizer. Flower can also be used to make edibles, tinctures, and topicals.
- Concentrates – Concentrates are highly potent extracts that contain high levels of THC or CBD. They can be consumed using a dab rig or vape pen, or added to flower to increase its potency. Common concentrate forms include wax, shatter, live resin, and rosin.
- Edibles – Edibles are cannabis-infused foods or drinks that provide a longer-lasting and often more potent effect than other consumption methods. They can be made at home using infused oils or butter, or purchased pre-made from a dispensary.
- Topicals – Topicals are cannabis-infused creams, lotions, and ointments that are applied directly to the skin for localized relief of pain and inflammation. They are non-psychoactive and perfect for those who want the therapeutic benefits of cannabis without the high.
How to Use Different Forms of Cannabis
There are a variety of ways to consume cannabis, and each method comes with its own set of effects. Here’s a quick guide to the most popular methods of consuming cannabis, so you can find the one that best suits your needs.
Smoking: This is the most common way to consume cannabis. Smoking dry herb or concentrates will give you immediate results that can last up to several hours. The downside to smoking is that it can be harsh on your lungs, so if you’re looking for a healthier option, you may want to try another method.
Vaping: Vaping is a great alternative to smoking because it’s much gentler on your lungs. You can vape dry herb, concentrates, or even oils. Vaping also provides quick results that can last up to several hours.
Edibles: Edibles are food items that have been infused with cannabis. They take longer to kick in than other methods (up to 2 hours), but the effects can last much longer—up to 12 hours in some cases. Edibles are a great option for those who want long-lasting relief from pain or other symptoms without having to smoke or vape.
Topicals: Topicals are cannabis-infused creams, lotions, and balms that are applied directly to the skin. They offer localized relief from pain and inflammation and can be used as needed throughout the day.
The Process of Making Cannabis Oil
To make cannabis oil, you will need to start with a high-quality cannabis strain. The best way to do this is by growing your own cannabis, but you can also purchase it from a dispensary. Once you have your cannabis, you will need to decarboxylate it. This process activates the THC in the cannabis so that it can be used medicinally. To decarboxylate your cannabis, simply bake it in an oven at 220 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes.
Once your cannabis is decarboxylated, you will need to extract the THC into an oil. There are many ways to do this, but one of the simplest is to simmer the cannabis in olive oil on low heat for several hours. Once the THC has been extracted, you can strain the oil and store it in a dark glass container. Cannabis oil can be used in many different ways, including taking it orally or using it topically.
Tips When Buying Cannabis
Cannabis comes in many forms, each with its own set of benefits and drawbacks. Here are some tips to help you choose the right form of cannabis for your needs:
– Consider what you want to use cannabis for. Different forms of cannabis can be better or worse for different purposes. For example, if you want to use cannabis for pain relief, a topical cream might be a better option than smoking.
– Think about how long you want the effects of cannabis to last. Some forms of cannabis (like edibles) can take hours to kick in, while others (like smoking) take effect almost immediately.
– Consider your budget. Some forms of cannabis (like concentrates) can be more expensive than others (like flower).
– Be aware of the risks associated with different forms of cannabis. For example, smoking carries a higher risk of lung cancer than other methods of consumption.
With the variety of forms that cannabis comes in, there is something for everyone. Whether you want to try edibles or a vape pen, each form has its own advantages and disadvantages. It’s important to do your research and understand the effects of each before deciding what best suits your needs. No matter which option you choose, it’s important to start slow and experiment cautiously until you find the right dose for yourself so that you can enjoy all of the benefits that cannabis has to offer!