U.S. Immigration Attorney Free Consultation

There are numerous reasons to visit the United States for a short time, including travel, business, education, and short-term employment. Non-U.S. citizens and permanent residents, on the other hand, will still require a visa. These temporary visas, known as “nonimmigrant visas,” allow holders to enter the United States for specific reasons as long as their stays are brief and have a particular departure date.

What is a nonimmigrant visa?

Nonimmigrant visas are for people who want to visit the United States for a limited period, such as tourist, medical treatment, business, temporary job, or education. Nonimmigrant visas, on the other hand, are quick and cannot be used to remain in the United States indefinitely. They usually have an expiration date or a limit on the length of time spent in the nation. On the other hand, immigrant visas are for people who want to live in the United States permanently, and they usually require family or job sponsorship. You’ll need a green card if you wish to stay in the United States forever. If scouting the best legal immigration services, get in touch with us.

Who needs a nonimmigrant visa?

Unless you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you will need a visa to enter and stay legally in the United States. Some nationals from specific countries are exempt from needing a visa to visit the United States for tourist, business, or transit for up to 90 days. The “Visa Waiver Program,” or VWP, is used by nationals of 38 nations and territories, including most European Union countries.

Canadian nationals are subject to different entrance procedures, as they usually do not require a visa to enter the United States unless they intend to work, study, invest or immigrate. Depending on the conditions, the maximum period of stay can range from 6 months to a year.

It will help if you show your visa and passport to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer when you arrive at a U.S. port of entry, whether by land, sea, or air. They’ll ask you questions about your stay and how long you’ll be there, and if your answers are satisfactory, they’ll stamp your passport and allow you to the U.S.

The physical Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record is no longer issued regularly in the United States, and practically all records are now retained electronically. Form I-94 is your entry and exit record from the United States, and you can get one online or from a CBP agent at a port of entry.

It’s crucial to know your Form I-94 entry date so you don’t overstay your visa. Overstaying visas carries serious consequences, including lengthy travel restrictions from the United States.

Finally, while filing for a nonimmigrant visa to move to the United States is not permitted, there is a path to a green card through Adjustment of Status if you find an employer willing to sponsor you or anyone to marry. Check to see whether you’re eligible to apply, as we can assist you in navigating this procedure quickly. Get in touch with our US immigration lawyer for a free consultation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *