With the growing number of mobile phone users, getting spam messages is also a growing concern. As a result, the TRAI has mandated using DLT, a blockchain-based registration system, to stop SMS spam.
It implies that everyone wishing to send transactional or promotional bulk SMS to their consumers must be DLT registered. It will increase transparency and decrease the frequency of SMS spam and fraud.
In this article, you will learn everything about DLT registration TRAI, its importance to the process & required paperwork.
What is Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)?
The old Bulk SMS system had some limitations and was not well-organised. Therefore, this urges the need for a more systematic and open framework.
DLT registration is now required to send bulk SMS, according to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI). According to this system, every firm will now need to register on the Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) platform if they want to send messages to their customers.
It includes sending different communication messages such as OTP and verification codes.
Importance of DLT Registration for SMS in India?
DLT platform TRAI is essential for organisations to initiate transparency of the functionalities.
- It replicates the data and provides better security by maintaining cryptography by combination and signatures.
- It stores managers’ data and records all the centre IDs and templates, so everything is kept in one place.
- Further, the DLT platform TRAI helps improve market practices for reaching a broader audience and thus resulting in better sales.
- The process facilitates better communication with the customers who want to look at the information you are providing.
Paperwork for DLT Registration?
The following set of paperwork is necessary for an entity to register on the DLT on any operator’s portal:
- PAN/TAN Card
- Business GST
- Authentication of the signatory
- Evidence of identity
- Letter of consent from the parent organisation
- Proof of address
- Service agreement on 100-Rs. stamp paper
- Authorised signer’s self-certification with name, title, and seal
- Voter ID
- Authorisation of sender ID on business letterhead
- Company Letterhead
DLT Registration Process
Below listed are the different stages of the DLT registration TRAI process, which businesses can refer to:
Firstly, for KYC verification, businesses need to register by entering the details of PAN, GST, TAN, CIN, etc. After that, the stage is simple and quick to finish, where the company will receive a particular Entity ID.
Sender ID Registration
Here businesses need to register the entity’s headers on the platform. Each title is assigned a distinct Header ID automatically shared with other DLT platforms.
Content Template Registration
An entity’s templates must register on the blockchain DLT SMS system. Once a template has been made, it belongs to the entity on all platforms.
Templates are Registered on the DLT Platform
Once the DLT platform has approved your template, all approved templates must be in excel format.
The telecom providers have implemented TRAI regulations, and their implementation cannot be delayed. Telecom carriers will prohibit your SMS if it contains the sender names from the DLT platforms.
Mtalkz helps you to register your company on the DLT platform TRAI to engage with your leads and expand your business. In addition, the process will benefit businesses to execute numerous SMS marketing campaigns.