Smoking is the most common way of consuming cannabis and has remained the most popular option. Cannabis flower has become the most sold cannabis product; if you’re new to consuming weed, it may be hard to find the best method for you.
The simplest, most common way to consume weed is by smoking; you simply need a device, some weed, a lighter, and you’re all set. From joints and blunts to pipes and bongs, smoking has never been easier or more fun. However, if you’re searching for a healthy way to smoke cannabis, you should know that there is no totally safe way to smoke weed. Cannabis smoke contains irritating chemicals and tar that may be harmful to your health.
However, there are different ways to smoke weed; you may be overwhelmed by the options and curious about the pros and cons. We’re here to explain it better; here’s what you need to know.
Arguably, joints are the most classic and popular way to smoke weed. They are made by packing crushed or ground cannabis flowers into rolling paper. The paper can be made from rice, hemp, or paper. Some people also use a filter to avoid burning their fingers while smoking.
How to roll a joint
- Break down the cannabis flower using a grinder, remove the stems and seeds
- If you’d like to use a filter, cut out a small piece of thin cardboard or get filter tips and roll it into a tip
- Hold the rolling paper lengthwise and fill it with the ground weed; place the filter at any end
- Hold the filled rolling paper in-between your fingertips and roll it into a tube or cone shape
- Place the filter end in your mouth and light the other end; inhale through the filter
There are commercially available rolling papers that claim to be bleached, fast-burning, or flavored; these type of rolling paper contains chemicals and pollutants which could cause harm to your lungs. Opt for an unbleached, unflavored rolling paper to reduce your chances of exposure to harmful chemicals. However, there are now pre-rolls; you can buy and smoke.
Blunts are similar to joints, but they are larger and last longer than joints. They are made in a similar way; the difference is what they’re rolled into. Blunts are rolled with cigar wrap instead of a rolling paper. Blunt wraps are made from tobacco leaves, meaning they contain nicotine.
How to roll a blunt
- Use a grinder to grind the cannabis, remove the stems and seeds
- Slice open the cigar lengthwise using a blade or unroll the blunt wrap with your fingers
- Empty the tobacco from the cigar or blunt wrap if necessary
- Fill up the wrap with weed
- Pinch the wrap with your fingers while rolling to form a tube shape
- Use a lighter to light one end
Pipes are the most common smoking device because they are portable, small, and convenient. They’re also referred to as bowls or spoons. Pipes have a hollow bowl, a stem, and a mouthpiece. Some pipes feature a carb hole located beside the bowl; you can cover and uncover it with your fingers while inhaling to clear smoke from the pipe.
Pipes are available in different materials, shapes, and sizes. Glass pipes have become an art form, while other pipes are known for their functionality.
How to use a pipe
- Use a grinder to breakdown the weed, getting rid of stems and seeds
- Loosely pack the ground weed into the bowl, do not pack the bowl too tightly, or it’ll be hard to drag
- Light the bowl with a match or lighter and inhale from the mouthpiece
- If the pipe has a carb, cover it with your finger when you light and first inhale. It will allow the smoke to build up in the pipe. After that, lift your finger to clear the pipe and inhale the smoke
If you’re sharing your pipe, you can sterilize it by cleaning the mouthpiece with rubbing alcohol before use. It may be tedious, but it saves you from infectious diseases. There are others ways of consuming weed, from using Bings to vaping and edibles. If you’re new to smoking, ensure you do your research to find the best suitable option.
To keep your weed safe for consumption, ensure you keep it in a lockable weed storage box or stash boxes for weed. They ensure your weed stays fresh and uncontaminated.