File-sharing is a vital part of any person’s day. From confidential documents to personal media to something as small as a GIF, file sharing makes up an essential part of communication today. Hence, it needs a robust solution, enabling users to share files quickly without facing any challenges.
The SHAREit app is a file-sharing app that lets you receive and send almost every file type among various devices like iOS, Windows, Mac and Android. It is a popular app that you will find across all crucial platforms and makes it easy to transfer files and data without using a cable or any additional hardware. More importantly, you can use all the sharing features without having an active internet connection.
Sharing files among multiple devices is the new mainstream way to share today. However, various devices have their limitations based on how they are designed. For instance,
- Android devices are easier to share files to and from, as they hold a larger market share.
- On the other hand, iOS has more restrictions as it holds under 30% of the market share globally.
Keeping these things in mind, SHAREit facilitates cross-platform file transfer, meaning even iOS users can share files with other Windows or Android devices.
How Does SHAREit Work?
By establishing a secure Wi-Fi connection, SHAREit transfers files between devices. Once done, you can use SHAREit to send or receive videos, games, files, photos and applications from one device to another or several others.
Furthermore, SHAREit offers excellent features and options to users. For instance:
- Gaming Centre: The app has a fully functional gaming centre that allows users to share files without undergoing a rigorous signing up process. Here, you can also play a few minimal online games to cure boredom.
- HD Content: SHAREit offers unique and engaging content to users, including gaming videos, regional videos, HD videos, comedy bits, and so much more. SHAREit is also available in over 45 languages, so you do not have to be proficient in English to use the app.
- Group Sharing: SHAREit allows users to share files simultaneously to up to 5 devices.
Transferring from Android to Android:
To facilitate file sharing using SHAREit on an Android device, here’s what you should do:
- Download SHAREit and install it on your Android device.
- Launch the app on your Android device.
- Tap on the Receive button on your screen.
- After you have tapped Receive, you can receive files on your device from a different device.
- On the other device, you need to tap the avatar that matches yours on the radar-like screen shown on both devices.
- Once you do that, your files will start the transferring process, and you can receive the file on to your Android device.
Transferring from Android to Windows or iOS:
To receive files from an Android device to your Windows or iOS device, here’s what you should do:
- Download the app on each of the devices.
- Launch SHAREit on the Windows or iOS device and tap on the Receive button.
- Open the Wi-Fi setting on your Windows or iOS device. Connect the device to the same network as the Android device. The Android device will create a hotspot connection.
- When you join the network, you will see the Windows or iOS phone pop up on the Android device radar. On the Android device, tap on the avatar of the other device.
- The transfer will start again. You will receive the files that are selected.
Transferring from Mobile to Desktop:
Transferring files from one mobile device to another is easy, but transferring to a desktop is different. We are all used to downloading data from the internet or using USB cables and hard drives. But with SHAREit, all you need is your desktop. You can quickly transfer data from an Android device to a Windows PC system.
First things first, you must download SHAREit on your PC. Visit the SHAREit website from your desktop and download the app for whichever version of Windows you are currently using.
- Click the symbol of three lines that appears in the opt right corner of your screen.
- Go to Settings, which will open up the settings window on the screen below.
- You can choose to change your PC name or leave it the same. Keep in mind that this name is what you’ll see on other devices while using the app.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab that is visible on the screen. You should see an empty, extra field.
- Click on the ‘Browse’ button. You should see the various folders on your computer opening up. Select the desired folder or drive where you want to store the app. In this drive, the SHAREit folder shows up. Click ‘Save’ to save your destination.
- On the top right of the folder of your screen, you will see the symbol with three lines again. Next to it will be a symbol of a folder. Click on it to access this folder from within the SHAREit application itself.
Download SHAREit for easier and faster transfer of data and documents.