Dental crowns are a common dental restoration procedure used to repair and restore damaged, decayed, or discolored teeth. In Aberdeen, MS, dental crowns are a popular option for patients who are looking to improve the appearance and functionality of their teeth. In this article, we will discuss the types, benefits, and procedure of dental crowns Aberdeen MS.
Types of Dental Crowns
There are several types of dental crowns available in Aberdeen, MS, including:
- Porcelain Crowns: These crowns are made of a high-quality ceramic material that closely resembles the natural color of teeth. Porcelain crowns are durable and long-lasting, making them a popular choice for patients.
- Metal Crowns: Metal crowns are made of alloys, such as gold or silver, and are extremely durable. However, they are not as aesthetically pleasing as porcelain crowns.
- Ceramic Crowns: Ceramic crowns are made of a type of porcelain that is stronger than traditional porcelain. These crowns are highly aesthetic and are often used for front teeth.
- Resin Crowns: Resin crowns are the most affordable type of crown and are made of a resin material. They are not as strong as other types of crowns and are often used as a temporary solution.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns offer several benefits, including:
- Protection: Crowns protect damaged or weakened teeth from further decay or damage.
- Aesthetics: Crowns can improve the appearance of teeth by covering stains, discoloration, or misshapen teeth.
- Functionality: Crowns can restore the function of a tooth that has been damaged or weakened by decay or injury.
- Long-lasting: Crowns are durable and long-lasting, with proper care, they can last for many years.
Dental Crown Procedure
The dental crown procedure in Aberdeen, MS typically involves the following steps:
- Consultation: The dentist will examine the tooth and discuss the best type of crown for the patient.
- Preparation: The tooth is prepared by removing any decay or damage and shaping it to fit the crown.
- Impression: An impression is taken of the tooth and sent to a dental laboratory to create the crown.
- Temporary Crown: A temporary crown is placed on the tooth while the permanent crown is being made.
- Placement: Once the permanent crown is ready, it is cemented onto the prepared tooth.
In conclusion, dental crowns are a popular dental restoration procedure in crowns Aberdeen MS, that offer several benefits, including protection, aesthetics, functionality, and long-lasting results. By understanding the different types of crowns, their benefits, and the procedure, patients can make informed decisions about their dental health and choose the best option for their individual needs.