PowerShell is a well-known scripting language that you can use on multiple platforms. It is most helpful in managing and automating Microsoft environments. PowerShell has become one of the must-have skills for most job profiles as it has come up in a new form after the decline of Windows 7 usage. Among all Microsoft Certifications, PowerShell Certification plays a significant role in getting equipped with the skill set required for on-demand, industry-relevant jobs.
What are the most sought-after courses in PowerShell scripting?
There are a lot of PowerShell certification courses offered in the IT market. You need to pick the ones matching your goals and enhance growth.
Let us discuss some of the top PowerShell scripting courses so you can make an informed decision before enrolling.
- This course is usually suggested for beginners with basic technical knowledge and IT administrators who want to strengthen their automation skills on the Windows platform.
- Here, the Windows PowerShell introduction is covered, replacing manual, redundant, and time-consuming operations with an automated solution.
- It will also be a short-term course, as practical exercises will not be assigned.
- Module-wise topics included are an overview and background of Windows PowerShell and PowerShell core, understanding command syntax, finding and running commands, and introduction to scripting.
PowerShell fundamentals with labs
- Both theoretical concepts and practical experience can be gained with this course.
- You will learn the overview and background of Windows PowerShell and Core PowerShell.
- In the lab, you will learn about Configuring Windows PowerShell, understanding command syntax, finding and running basic commands, Active Directory administration cmdlets, Network configuration cmdlets, other server administration cmdlets, Windows administration, and scripting constructs.
55066A: PowerShell for SharePoint administrators
- It equips students with PowerShell knowledge from the viewpoint of SharePoint administrators, and SharePoint administrators can strengthen their existing skills.
- This course covers Preparing the Server, Configure Server Features, Configure Prerequisite Applications, Install SharePoint Software, and Configure SharePoint Farm.
- Configure SharePoint Servers with PowerShell, Administering Users and Group Administering the Farm, Shared Services & Features, Administering Sites, Administering Databases, Administer SharePoint Servers with PowerShell, Restores, Auditing, Managing Notifications, Review Tasks, and Maintain SharePoint Servers with PowerShell.
Advanced Automated Administration along with Windows PowerShell(55318A)
- By the end, you will learn crucial scripting skills, including creating and writing controller scripts, advanced functions, and handling script errors.
- You will know how to use PowerShell when working with Microsoft Azure, Active Directory, IIS, .NET resources, the REST API, and XML, CSV & JSON formatted data files.
PowerShell for SCCM Administrators
- This course is more suitable for Windows administrators who manage the daily environment of an SCCM 2012 SP1 and updated version.
- With this course’s completion, you will learn to create additional site system roles on existing and new servers and modify high-level site settings. Besides, Creating and modifying Boundaries, Discovery Methods, and Boundary Groups, Create Collections and additional site system roles on existing or new servers, deploying software updates to clients, and configuring settings targeted against collections.
- You will also be able to Modify settings that govern monitoring functions, such as Alerts and Status Settings.
- You should be able to write basic scripts of PowerShell using scripting constructs, and cmdlets learned to accomplish configuration tasks.
PowerShell 5.0 & desired state configuration 55202-A
- This course is a must-have for the operations team and developers to develop and deliver the required DSC resources.
- During this course, you will understand Desired State Configuration along with DSC requirements, update the Help System, Understand management models, Understand functions and cmdlets, Comprehend how to get the parameters working for IntelliSense, DSC configuration script, utilization of resources and configuration keyword.
MS-55039: Windows PowerShell Scripting & Toolmaking
- System administrators and experienced Windows users widely use Windows PowerShell scripting tools to customize workflows based on organizational needs.
- The adaptability allows adoption into a wide range of industries and businesses of any size. As a result, qualified professionals are in demand and are highly paid.
- This course helps professionals maximize Windows PowerShell and is suitable for individuals looking to expand their skill set.
- This course covers Writing tools, including scripting, parameterizing commands, providing verbose output Debugging tools, providing error handling within tools, Combining tools and creating tools into the script and manifest modules, and creating tailored formatting views.
Automatic Administration along with Windows PowerShell
- Automatic Administration, along with Windows PowerShell training, empowers you with a complete understanding of using Windows PowerShell to automate different types of activities on Windows servers.
Microsoft Certification Training
You can look for Microsoft-accredited institutes where the courses are divided into comprehensive modules, and affiliated training institutes offer flexible training modes depending on your feasibility. Some institutes provide one-on-one training, group training, self-paced training, and pre-recorded video training, and you can opt for any of these based on your requirement.
Many reputed institutions offer Microsoft online courses and offline training to gain PowerShell Certification. Before enrolling, do thorough research and enroll in the globally recognized course that suits your career aspirations.