Single tooth implant
A popular and successful method of restoring a single lost tooth is an implant. From the initial consultation until implant implantation, the process entails multiple steps. A step-by-step explanation of the single tooth implant Pittsburgh PA process is provided here.
- Consultation and Assessment
Meeting with your dentist is the initial stage in the single tooth implant procedure. Your dentist will assess your dental health at this session to see if you are a good candidate for a single tooth implant. To evaluate the state of your jawbone and nearby teeth, this can entail taking X-rays or using another imaging technique.
- Planning of Care
Your dentist will create a treatment plan that is specific to your needs once they have decided that you are a good candidate for a single tooth implant. This may entail figuring out how many implants, what kind of implants, and where to put them.
- Implant Positioning
The installation of the dental implant is the subsequent phase. A tiny titanium post must be surgically inserted into the jawbone to do this. The post serves as a stand-in for the tooth root and gives the false teeth a solid base.
- Reconciliation and Integration
After the implant is put in, there must be a healing time of many months for the implant and jawbone to fuse together. The long-term effectiveness of the implant depends on a process known as osseointegration.
- Abutment Positioning
An abutment is attached to the implant once it has completely fused with the jawbone. The implant is connected to the prosthetic tooth by a tiny connector called an abutment.
- Restoration Position
The installation of the restoration is the last stage in the single tooth implant procedure. This entails securing an individually produced crown to the abutment. The crown is affixed to the abutment and is made to match the colour, size, and shape of your natural teeth.
Single-tooth implants: Benefits
– Better Appearance: Single tooth implants have a natural appearance and feel.
– Improved Function: single tooth implant Pittsburgh PA allows you to eat properly and converse normally by restoring the function of the lost tooth.
– Long-Term Solution: When cared for properly, single tooth implants are a lifelong remedy for missing teeth.
– Better Oral Health: Single tooth implants support maintaining the integrity of your jawbone and preventing bone loss.
A single dental implant is a secure and reliable way to replace a single lost tooth.