Everything you need to know about the Indian GST Registration process. Online information regarding GST laws, forms, paperwork, and procedures for GST Registration is available. Check out the GST Online Registration Step-by-Step Guide. All relevant information regarding the GST New Registration Procedure 2022. Discover the full process for GST registration online in India. Summary of the steps and documents that the State VAT Dealers must provide in order to register on the GST Portal.
For the purpose of collecting taxes on behalf of the government and claiming input tax credits for the taxes paid on his inward supply, any business entity that registers under the GST Law must get a special identification number from the appropriate tax authorities. Without registration, a person cannot claim any input tax credits for taxes he has already paid or collect tax from his clients.
Significant Update from GST Council
“Currently, everyone who makes an interstate taxable supply, with the exception of interstate job workers, must register, regardless of turnover. Now, even if they are making interstate taxable service supplies, service providers whose yearly aggregate sales is less than Rs. 40 lacs (Rs. 20 lacs in special category states) are excused from registering. This action is anticipated to greatly lower the cost of compliance for small service providers.
How can I register for GST?
Any vendor who makes a taxable supply with an aggregate revenue of above Rs. 40 lakhs in a fiscal year is required to register with the Goods and Services Tax (GST). Simply put, every business whose taxable supply of goods or services under GST (Goods and Service Tax) and whose turnover exceeds the threshold limit of Rs. 40 lakh / 20 Lakh as applicable will be required to register as a normal taxable person. The total turnover criterion for states falling under special categories is set at Rs. The procedure for registering is known as GST registration.
Number of GST Registration
Each applicant who applies for GST Registration receives a 15-digit identification number called a GST Registration Number, or GSTIN. The Pan Number and State Code serve as the sole foundation for the GST Number. The first two digits stand for the state code, the following ten digits for the client’s Pan number, one digit for the entity code, one digit that is blank, and the final digit for the check digit.
Who Should File a GST Return?
- Individuals who are listed as Pre-GST law participants
- Businesses with annual revenue greater than Rs. 40 lakhs
- Non-Resident taxable person or casual taxpayer
- Supplier’s representatives and input service distributors
- People who use the reverse charge scheme for taxes
- Supplier through an e-commerce aggregator
- Every online store’s aggregator
- Anyone who, from a place outside of India, offers online information and database access or retrieval services to a person in India who isn’t a registered taxable person
Documents Needed to Register for GST
Please see the following article for further information on the documents needed for GST registration. You can find a complete list of all the paperwork needed for GST registration in this article.
- Independent Contractor Firm – Pan Card and Ownership Address Verification.
- Firm Partnership – The firm’s PAN card, the deed, the certificate of partnership registration, the partners’ identification, and evidence of address.
- One-person or private limited company – Pan Card of the Company, Directors’ Id and Address Proof, Board Resolution, and Company’s MOA and AOA.
- Regarding LLP – COI, Pan Card of the Company, and Deed, plus Partners’ Identification and Address Proof
When is GST Registration Required or Mandatory?
- If someone is selling things or offering services within the state and expects to make more than 40 lakh rupees a year in revenue.
- If the supplier sells goods and services outside of the state and even has annual revenue of less than 40 lakh rupees.
- The GST Registration is necessary if you operate an online store or any other service-based business.
- If you are a trader or manufacturer and your suppliers have already registered under the GSTIN, they will charge GST on your purchases, and you will need the GSTIN Number if you want an input credit or refund.