The popular and fun video app TikTok has been another social media game changer for business. That’s because one video has the chance to go viral and give either your personal brand or business the chance for millions of views. So in this blog, I’m going to walk you through how to do tiktok voice over.
How to Make a TikTok Video With Voice Over
Seriously, you’re going to laugh at how incredibly easy the steps for how to make TikTok videos with Voiceover are. It’s so straightforward that you’ll almost wonder if there should be more steps involved. I swear, it’s this simple!
- Open up your TikTok app and click the plus symbol at the bottom of the screen to create a new video.
- Press the bright red button to record your video and then press the red checkmark when you’re done filming.
- Click the “Voiceover” microphone icon on the right-hand corner of your screen.
- Once in the “Voiceover” feature, either check or uncheck the box that says “Keep original audio” depending on what you want to do, then press your thumb on the record button to add what you want to say. Click “Save,” and then look at that! You’ve recorded a voiceover!
Voiceover in Tiktok: Getting it Perfect
When it comes to creating voiceover in Tiktok videos we need to learn several things. For one, there’s the obvious technical aspect. There’s another element and that’s the craft of using voiceover. Let’s take a look.
Principles of Voiceover
When learning how to do a voiceover on Tiktok, it’s useful to remember certain things about voiceover in general:
- If you can show it, avoid explaining it with a voiceover. Show and don’t tell as much as possible.
- Resist the temptation to show and explain the same thing. This sort of overstating is seldom necessary, unless it serves as a sort of specific dramatic device.
- Narrate things happening off-screen. Voice over is sometimes useful in conveying information happening off-screen in a very rapid manner.
- Use voice over to add a layer of irony. Irony can be created with the combination of images and a voice over counterpoint.
- Voice over for character. Complexity and layers of character may be communicated via voice over. Male and female voices have their own characteristics.
For example, male voice actors tend to have a deep voice.
- Thematic monologue. We must always remember to honor the theme and premise of our content with our voice over. Talk for the sake of talk can be boring.
- Let them speak. Most of the movement of the story will be carried by the subjects themselves, without a need for voice over monologues.
How do voiceovers improve storytelling?
When we wish to show an accomplishment, a trick we have tried or a new restaurant we just visited, we often find ourselves in scenarios where we are unable to describe our emotions at that present moment. The difference between a diegetic and nondiegetic sound is that the latter can be added handily when the user decides. For this reason, it is a much more convenient alternative for those facing a time and place where narrating is not an option.
Until the incorporation of voiceovers, people had to limit themselves to writing a text and choosing a song to cover the silence. This was an unpopular choice due to the lack of interaction by users, that scrolled by those videos that lacked a voiceover.
Aware of this issue and the possibilities that it could bring to the creators, a recording tool was added where people could narrate the events on the screen using their own voices. Although unusual at first, users and brands quickly adopted the format to create fun sketches, explain what was going on in their minds, or expose their suspicious pet’s inner monologues.
Thank you for your reading. Good Luck!