Here are the requirements to check your immigration status UK: To check your immigration status in the UK, you must have proof of your identity, address and nationality. You can bring several documents to the office, such as your passport, driver’s license, insurance certificate and birth certificate.
Suppose you don’t have any of these documents on hand. In that case, it could slow down the process of checking your immigration status in the UK, as immigration officials will need time to track them down or may even be unable to help you if they don’t have enough information on file.
Get your Home Office reference number.
To get started, find out your Home Office reference number. The Home Office reference number is a unique nine-digit number you will need to provide for any enquiries about your immigration status with the Home Office. This can be found on any documentation you received from the Home Office when starting to apply for residency or citizenship in the UK. A UK immigration advisory firm like Synergy Immigration Solutions can help you to check your immigration status.
Checking Your Application Status Online
To learn more about your application’s progress, you can visit the Home Office website.
The online service is available 24 hours a day and seven days a week. You don’t need any special software or a computer to use it.
You need to have an account with the Home Office to use this service. If you don’t have an account, you will be asked for some personal details before you can start using it.
Checking Your Application Status Offline
If you cannot apply for an application because you do not have internet access, here are a few things that you can do:
- Please print off the form and fill it out by hand. Keep in mind that if something is missing on the form, it will not be processed.
- Visit one of our customer service centres (or use the enquiry line) with a completed form.
- Or contact Synergy Immigration Solutions, a UK immigration advisory firm and check your immigration status.
Checking your status means you already have submitted the application, but if you don’t, go through how you can apply online.
The first thing you need to do is find out if you need an application pack. If so, you’ll be able to fill out an application form online or download one from the Home Office website. You can also ask for a paper copy by contacting the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre.
Check your eligibility
To be eligible for certain visas, you must show that you can support yourself financially. The financial criteria vary depending on the country you are coming from, but there are three possible ways you can prove this; savings, money in your account or if you have a family member living in the UK who can sponsor you.
Each of these approaches has its requirements, so it is essential that before applying for any visas, you find out more information about how they operate.
To apply, head over to the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) website, fill in an online form, pay the fee with a credit card or debit card, and then send off the requested documents. You’ll get a decision letter within weeks.
Fill in the form
Once you have gathered all the necessary information, fill in the form on the Home Office website. The form is designed so that you can get a decision within ten working days.
1) Put in your details. This includes your name, date of birth, nationality, gender, passport number (if you have one), and address where you live in the UK.
Pay online or by phone
- Pay online or by phone. Once you have created a National Insurance number, you can use it to pay via the Government Gateway website. You will need your account number on the letter that HMRC sent you when they issued your National Insurance Number and the date of birth (DD/MM/YYYY) on the NI application form. Finally, submit your application.