A government initiative, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, focuses on providing around two crore affordable houses to the urban poor by March 31st, 2022. Beneficiaries who applied for this scheme in 2021 can check their names in the published beneficiary list. Here are the steps to check the PMAY list:
- Applicants need to visit the portal of PMAY to check their names.
- They need to find the ‘Search Beneficiary’ option and click on it.
- In the next steps, one must provide their Aadhaar number or any other detail as per the requirements.
- Upon clicking on the ‘Show’ option, the list will appear on the screen.
Therefore, one can check the beneficiary list in a few steps. However, applicants need to meet the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility to make an entry to such a list.
Eligibility criteria for PMAY scheme
The following preconditions and terms are to be met to enter the PMAY list:
- An applicant’s family must comprise husband, wife, and unmarried children. Also, any adult earning member can be regarded as a separate household.
- Married couples are also eligible for PMAY. Any one of them or both can apply for this scheme, subject to a household’s income eligibility.
- For Economically Weaker Sections and Lower Income Groups, such a property should be in the name of a household’s female head or both male and female heads. If there are no adult females in the family, a male member can own the property.
- Beneficiaries under this scheme must not own a pucca house anywhere in India.
- Individuals must not have availed central assistance under any government-backed housing scheme previously.
Upon fulfilling the above criteria, beneficiaries can secure a home loan under PMAY to avail its benefits and subsidies under the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme.
Accordingly, homeowners can get affordable housing through subsidised interest rates on their sanctioned home loans.
Furthermore, several reputed financial institutions offer a high-value loan amount at lower interest rates. They also provide pre-approved offers for an easy loan application process. One can check their pre-approved offers by inputting their names and mobile numbers only.
As already mentioned, the procedure to check the PMAY beneficiary list is simple and easy. However, one should know about the types of lists under PMAY.
PMAY list types
There are two types of beneficiary lists depending on the components of PMAY. They are:
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Rural.
The procedure to check the names in both lists is the same as mentioned above. However, PMAY Urban can be accessed by either entering a full name of an applicant or the first three letters of their name.
Alternatively, applicants can access the PMAY Gramin list (Rural) with or without a registration number.
To check the rural list without a registration number, one needs to consider the following steps:
- Applicants should visit the official website of PMAY Gramin.
- They need to navigate to the “Advanced Search” option and click on it.
- Upon doing so, they will land on a new page containing a PMAY form.
- The form needs to be filled out with precision.
- Finally, they should click on the “Search” button to check their names.
It is important to note that only the selected candidates will be able to view their names on the list.
Further, not everyone is eligible to get interest subsidies on home loans to purchase, construct, and extend a new house with a kitchen and toilet. Only certain categories of beneficiaries can avail these benefits.
Beneficiaries under PMAY scheme
Given are some beneficiaries who can enjoy interest subsidies on securing a home loan under this scheme:
- Economically Weaker Section
- Lower Income Group
- Middle Income Group I
- Middle Income Group II
The aforementioned beneficiaries can secure a PMAY home loan for a tenor of 20 years.
Therefore, applicants can now check their names in the PMAY list in a hassle-free manner by following the mentioned procedures. However, they must consider PMAY eligibility factors, application processes, and documents required for a successful application.
Without having a thorough idea of the process, candidates might not be selected for this scheme. Hence, before planning to purchase a house under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, individuals must go through the details of this scheme.