Brother printers are high-quality and are also very affordable. The printers have a massive customer base comparable to large printers like HP and Canon. However, like other models, Brother printing models also experience a variety of glitches and errors. The Brother printer offline is just one of the most frequent problems that prevent users from printing. There are many reasons behind this issue. From the printer not set as default to issues with the driver, this issue could be caused by myriad causes. This article will help you learn the meaning behind why a Brother printer keeps saying offline status and how to resolve the issue.
What is Brother Printer Offline mean?
The status of offline in the Brother printer means that it’s not connected to your computer’s desktop or laptop. It can, however, be connected to other devices when connected online. An offline Brother printer can’t access data from your PC or print material.
Typically, the printer goes off when it’s not powered on or when the network encounters problems with connecting.
What is the reason for the Offline Status of the Brother Printer?
There are numerous reasons your system cannot detect the connection with your Brother printer. Other than the printer not being turned off, the other reasons are like:
- There’s an error with the paper jam.
- The model you print with isn’t the default model.
- The USB cable connecting your printer to the internet is not working with the hardware.
- The firewall secures the network you are using.
- The driver of the printer is in error.
- Your Brother printer is offline because you’ve turned on this mode.
- Incorrect printer settings.
Solutions to Solve that Brother Printer Offline Error
Then you can begin to address the issues mentioned above. These resolutions are useful for every Brother print owner.
Repair the issue with jammed paper
The solution to the problem of paper jams is a matter of following the steps. They are all given below.
- The printer’s front cover should be opened and allow the device 10 minutes to cool.
- Remove the toner cartridge assembly as well as the drum unit.
- Close the device’s cover on its front.
- Remove the tray for paper out of the printer.
- Take the paper using the palms of your hands.
- Open the back cover of the printer.
- Pull the tabs on the right and left sides to remove the cover of the fuser open.
- Close the fuser cover on the first and close the back cover.
- Remove your duplex tray and remove it from the printer.
- Remove the paper from the tray or printer.
- Then, you can return the tray to the printer.
- Now, press the lock lever, then take the toner cartridge off the drum.
- Remove any jammed papers from the unit.
- Insert the cartridge into the device in a proper way.
- Open the printer’s front cover, and then insert the cartridge assembly for the toner and drum unit inside the printer.
- Close the device’s cover on the front.
- Ensure your ‘Error’ LED has been switched off, as is the LED ‘Ready’ light.
Find out if the Brother printer has been set as the default.
Another effective Brother printer offline solution is to make your printer default. Here are some guidelines to take note of.
- Begin by going to the Control Panel .’
- Here tap ‘Devices and Printers.’
- In the printers list, tap right-click on your printer, and then select the “Set as default printer” option.
- Make sure to restart your printer and verify if the issue is resolved.
Repair the USB cable issue
The printer could also be offline in the event of a glitched connection. A lot of people connect their printing devices via a USB cable. If there are issues regarding its device, you’ll be able to see your printer in the status offline. According to the Brother brand specifications, your USB cables should have a twisted pair of wiring. They must also be shielded and should not exceed the length of 6 feet. Be sure to check all these points; if you discover any issue, you should replace it with a new USB cable.
Deactivate antivirus software
Security software can cause issues when they make false positives for actions that don’t pose any risk. The Brother printer could show an offline status due to the antivirus program. Disabling it for a short time will resolve the issue.
There is a myriad of antivirus programs available for Windows computers. There isn’t one method that is perfect for switching it off. But, one of the most popular programs is used to turn off Windows Defender. You can disable it by following these steps.
- Go to ‘Start’ and go to ‘Settings.’
- Tap ‘Update & Security.’
- Hit ‘Windows Defender.’
- Look at the right side of the screen below” the “Real-time Protection” section.
- Turn the toggle Off to disable Windows Defender.
Update your Brother printer driver
The corrupted driver for printers can also cause the printer to cease to function. It is important to determine whether your printer driver needs to be up-to-date so that it does not affect the printing process.
- Select the ” Device Manager option in the Windows start menu.
- Double-tap on the choice to ‘ Print queue .’
- Then, tap your Brother printer to update the driver.
- Choose ‘Browse your computer in search of driver applications. This option will appear within the next window.
- After that, tap ‘Browse.’
- Choose the folder where you want to install the driver, then click ‘ OK .’
- Hit’ Next.’
Remove offline printing for the printer.
Windows 10 users have the possibility of printing the documents they want offline. They can place their documents into the print queue of Brother. The documents will print later after the Brother printer connects. But, this feature could sometimes be problematic and lead the printer to stop working.
- Head to ‘Printer Properties.’
- Right-tap on the printer and select the ‘ See what’s printing option.
- Click ‘ printer,’ then take out the tick in the option ‘Use an offline printer.
- Make sure to save your changes and close the browser. The offline printer issue is not a problem for you.
These resolutions can fix the broken connection to your printer’s desktop or laptop. It is now easy to repair the Brother offline, fix the issue with your printer whenever it occurs, and avoids wasting time printing anything you require to print. If the issue does not disappear, seek the advice of professional technical support for your printer.