Implants and their types
Implants refer to medical devices that are implanted or inserted into the human body. These devices can be used for a variety of purposes, including
- Dental implants: These are used to replace missing teeth and are inserted into the jawbone.
- Cochlear implants: These are used to improve hearing in people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Pacemakers: These are small devices that are implanted in the chest to regulate the heartbeat.
- Artificial joints: These are used to replace damaged joints, such as the hip or knee.
- Breast implants: These are used for breast augmentation or reconstruction after a mastectomy.
- Contraceptive implants: These small devices inserted under the skin release hormones to prevent pregnancy.
Implants can be made from a variety of materials, including metal, plastic, and silicone. They can be permanent or temporary, and the procedure for implantation varies depending on the type of implant and its intended purpose. Cost of implants Lexington KY can greatly improve the quality of life for many people, but they can also carry risks and complications, so it is essential to carefully consider the potential benefits and drawbacks before undergoing an implant procedure.
Costing for Dental Implants
Cost of implants Lexington KY can vary depending on several factors such as the type of implant, the material used, the location where the procedure is performed, and the experience of the surgeon. Generally, dental implants can cost anywhere from $1,000 to $4,000 per implant, but this can go up to $10,000 or more depending on the specific circumstances. It is important to note that the cost of implants typically includes several components such as the implant itself, the abutment (which connects the implant to the crown or bridge), and the crown or bridge that will be attached to the implant.
Additionally, costs may be associated with pre-operative examinations, X-rays, anesthesia, and follow-up visits. It is essential to consult with a dental professional to obtain a specific estimate for the cost of implants in your particular case, as prices can vary widely depending on the individual circumstances. Additionally, some dental insurance plans may cover a portion of the cost of implants, so it may be beneficial to check with your provider to see if this is the case.