Bones are responsible for various roles; they tend to store calcium, provide structure, anchor muscles and protect your organs. If you want to take a massive step toward bone growth, all you need to do is follow some basic tips. Take a quick look at this article, and you will be able to uncover some potential insights in no time. Without any further ado, let’s delve deeper!
What Tips Should You Follow to Keep Your Bones Healthy?
Check out the pointers stated below in this article at a quick glance:
- You Must Consider Including Calcium in Your Regular Diet
The RDA or Recommended Dietary Allowance of an adult individual is 1000 mg of calcium a day. Women who are 51 years old must consume 1200 mg a day. Some excellent sources of calcium include almonds, dairy products, kale, broccoli, soy products, sardines, canned salmon with bones, tofu, etc. You can get in touch with your doctor and get recommendations about supplements.
- Pay Attention to Vitamin D
Vitamin D is essential because it tends to absorb calcium. If your age group is between 19 to 70, the RDA of vitamin D must be 600 international units a day. Adults who are 71 or older must increase their IUs to 800.
- Don’t Take a Step Toward Substance Abuse
If you have a habit of smoking, leave it. Smoking tends to make your bones weak; taking a step back from using them is a must. Also, don’t grab more than one alcoholic drink per day. Men might consider having two drinks a day.
- Perform Certain Physical Activities
You can try certain weight-bearing exercises such as jogging, walking, and climbing stairs. Instead of exposing you to bone loss, these activities will enable you to build better muscle strength.
What Aspects Affect the Bone Health of an Individual?
Amount of Calcium Content in Your Diet: If you follow a diet that is low in calcium, it can boost the risk of fractures and lead to early bone growth.
- Alcohol and Tobacco Use: According to various research studies, it is quite evident that tobacco use can pave the way toward weak bones. Individuals might get exposed to osteoporosis.
- Physical Activities: If you don’t involve yourself in various physical activities, it can increase the overall risk of dealing with osteoporosis.
- Size: If you are extremely thin, it can be a serious problem for you. You can choose to work out and thus take a step toward a healthy lifestyle.
- Sex: Women can suffer from osteoporosis when compared to men. This is because these women have less bone tissue.
These are some of the crucial tips that one must follow in order to take care of bone health. It’s time to live a healthy and happy life.