IPL Record Flashback
IPL (INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE) is celebrating its 10th Anniversary this time. It is one of the most celebrated sports league all over the world and ranked sixth among sports league. The past seasons witnessed some magical moments and interesting records. Some of them are listed below.
- Chris Gayle scored the fastest century of IPL. While playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore, He scored it in 30 balls against Pune warriors in 2013.
- Gautam Gambhir holds the record of scoring most number of fifties in IPL history. He has 31 half-centuries to his name.
- Virat Kohli holds the record of most runs in IPL. He has scored 4110 runs in 131 matches. He also holds the record of highest runs in a single IPL edition. He has scored 973 runs in 16 matches in IPL 2016
- Yusuf Pathan scored the fastest fifty of IPL. While playing for Kolkata Knight Riders, he scored half-century 15 balls against Sunrisers Hyderabad in IPL 2014.
- Chris Gayle holds the record of hitting most number of sixes in IPL. He scored 243 sixes in 88 innings.
- The highest partnership in IPL history set by Kohli and De Villiers against Gujarat Lions in 2016. They beat their own record of 215* set in 2015 against Mumbai Indians.
- Most 50 plus scores in IPL history. Kohli scoring seven fifities and four hundreds in 2016.
- Having played more than 100 IPL matches and having picked up 129 wickets in total, Amit Mishra holds the record of picking up three hat-tricks in the IPL tournament. He is also the second highest wicket-taker in IPL history. His best bowling figures are 5/17. His last hat-trick came against the Pune Warriors in IPL 6.
- Kolkata Knight Riders holds the record of most consecutive wins (10) in 2014 - 2015 season.
- Chris Gayle (KKR, RCB) holds the record for being titled as man of the match for 16 times between 2008 and 2015.