How To Crack Interview
They say every thing is fair in love and war, SSB interviews are also like a war for most of us, everyone wants to get recommend by hook or by crook. But, sometimes when we do not get recommended, we start recalling our performance and go into flashback, just to analyze whether we have have lied somewhere or not. If you have lied at any point of time during SSB testing, then you might take it as a reason for not getting recommended, but if you have not lied at any point of time, then you might think that you have done a mistake by telling everything correct about you which may include some negative qualities also.
But the question still remains the same, can we lie in SSB interview. Lets say there is something you don’t like to talk about or don’t feel comfortable about, so there is no need to talk much about that in the SSB interview, try to divert (cleverly) from such topics even if it is asked by interviewing officer. Personal interview in SSB is depends on the aspirants, he/she can take it towards any direction, but it is advised to take it towards your strong points rather then talking more about something negative or sad.
How to create a good impression in personal interview ?
- Be mature and talk sense, but don’t be very serious or nervous, be joyful, try to be funnier even though you are a boring in real life, you should be happy that you are attending SSB interview which is still a dream for many.
- Be confident, whatever you have done in your life, have a supporting answer for that. Make sure that you support yourself in whatever you have faced in your life, take accountability of failures, never blame someone else.
- Talk like as if you have to impress a girl sitting in front of you, show liveliness, do not bore IO from your lies of self boasting.
- Listen first, even though you have got the gist of the question before IO has finished, give a pause between question and your answer, show that you think before you speak, it’s a great quality. On the whole it helps you to think better answers and counter answers.
- Try to show OLQs indirectly, everything will get noted down, so try to show as much as qualities you can put forward.
How to get rid of difficult/unwanted questions?
- Difficult questions doesn’t mean GK questions, it is something you don’t want to talk more about.
- Though it is not correct ignore questions directly but you can ignore it indirectly or decrease the counter questions. Suppose you are not much in sports, you may feel insecure with more sports questions, then have a reason for why you are not much in sports ( as said earlier, Be confident, whatever you have done in your life, have a supporting answer for that). Always cut a negative quality with a positive quality, tell about something else you are good at.
- If you will face something very personal then you may directly tell the IO that you are not comfortable in talking such personal matters. Sometimes, IO may check how long you can hold a secret, no one feel secure in discussing the very personal things related to his/her family or relatives. And it is totally fine not to share such things if you are not comfortable,if it goes with your personality then act in the same way.
Shall I tell something very negative about me ?
- No, never talk negative things about you, apart from some basic negative qualities, never ever say something so bad or negative about you. Try to hide such things as much as possible, again, be smart.
- Don’t be emotional, don’t think by telling your sad story you will gain some sympathy, IO is there to judge your suitability for armed forces, he has not feeling for you, he may laugh in front of you but he never take rest , he keeps on writing whatever you portrait about yourself. So be clever go with proper planning.
So, what do you think, have you every lied in SSB interview ??